Bonus resources promised in the PeopleShock book
Customer Experience ROI Calculators
There’s a strong ROI (return on investment) case for people-focused change. Unfortunately, it can be complicated to measure. Calculating the ROI will be different for different industries and types of organization.
- Kenesis has a spreadsheet with an example calculation. Get it here.
- CXPA resources section has some examples. (You have to be a member to get them. It’s worth it.)
There are not many free ROI calculation tools that look at the overall customer experience impact. There are several min0tools that look at certain aspects such as::
People-Focused Company Examples
Many companies say their success comes from being staff and customer-focused. Here are articles others have written about some of the best known ones. (Read case studies of less well-known ones in PeopleShock)
- Amazon. There are so many articles about Amazon’s customer obsession. Here’s one, that also includes a video interview with Amazon founder, Jeff Bezos
- Disney. Here’s a university level case study on Disney (The Walt Disney Company: A Corporate Strategy Analysis. Case Study. University of Richmond: Robins School of Business, 2012).
- Gore. Fortune magazine profile of Gore. There’s also a Harvard Business Review academic case study on Gore.
- Whole Foods. Here’s Oracle Marketing Cloud’s case study on Whole Foods.
85 Tips for a Winning Website
A surprising number of websites mess up on basic things. Don’t lose your prospects. Find out how to make your website user-friendly here.
How to Choose New Information Systems & Vendors
Here I defer to Avinash Kaushik, who says it best:
Meet Your Peers: Associations of Customer Experience Advocates
CXPA – Customer Experience Professionals’ Association . They have an active and helpful discussion board for members, they offer the leading certification program for customer experience pros, and put on great conferences and local events.
ICX Association – Interactive Customer Experience Association. I’m not personally familiar with this one. According to its website, “The ICX Association is a vital hub that connects users and suppliers in collaborative forums, be they virtual or physical, to understand how seemingly unrelated technologies can be integrated to create experiences so meaningful that customers can’t imagine doing business elsewhere.”
SOCAP International – Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals in Business. I believe this one has its roots in call center management. It has been around since 1973.
3P Maturity Assessment - In-depth version
(Coming soon. If it isn’t up yet and you are looking for it, please just email firstname.lastname@example.org)