and/or see the following pages:
News Releases / Media Advisories
Photos of Tema Frank and PeopleShock book cover
- Tema Frank photo – High Resolution (suitable for print) or Compressed closeup (for web/email)
- PeopleShock book front cover – High Resolution (suitable for print) or Compressed (for web/email)
PeopleShock shows business and non-profit leaders how to blend technology and humans to create winning customer experiences, using the new 3ps of promise, people and process.
What is PeopleShock™?
The increasing importance of personal connection with customers and staff as technology takes over more of our world and social media spreads word of mouth far and fast.
Despite huge technology investments, customer satisfaction is going down, not up. Companies are facing digital disruption in more industries. Millennial employees demand a new work environment. Leaders are stressed.
Left untreated, PeopleShock may be fatal. However, with appropriate treatment PeopleShock can lead to increased customer satisfaction, higher market share and sales, while decreasing costs and employee disengagement.
The new 3P Profit Formula of
Promise + People + Process = Profit
Who Needs Treatment?
This book is for CEOs and other leaders who want better results.
Directions for Use
Explained in the book, which is based on in-depth interviews with over 150 business leaders and experts. It combines original case studies, data and actionable advice to help organizations succeed in the new economy.
Best-selling author and expert, Tema Frank has worked in marketing and customer experience for over three decades.
In 2001 she founded Web Mystery Shoppers, the world’s first company to test multi-channel customer service: web, phone, chat, email and in-store. Using social media techniques before social media existed, she built a database of 75,000 “mystery shoppers” worldwide.
Clients have included Bank of America, Expedia, the Royal Bank of Canada, government departments, non-profits and businesses of all sizes
An acclaimed international speaker, Tema (whose name rhymes with Emma) has presented at events in the United States, Canada, France and Mexico. She has also taught graduate business and executive MBA students in English and French, and delivers custom courses for companies and associations.
Her industry-leading research has been featured in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, the Globe & Mail, User Experience, and Profit. Tema has appeared as a guest on many news and business shows, and on many podcasts.
A podcaster since 2012, she interviews business leaders and experts on the Frank Reactions Podcast on Customer Experience (http://frankreactions.com/show)
Story Ideas for Reporters
- Are the Robots Taking Over? As technology takes over more and more jobs, what role is left for people?
- Customer Experience is the New Competitive Battlefield; Here’s a Path to Victory
- Why CEO Should Stand For Chief Engagement Officer
- The New 3P Profit Formula For The Digital Era: What Is It and Why Does It Matter?
- Is it Possible To Turn Around A Company With Crappy Customer Service?
- How To Profit From People-Focused Change
- Do You Dare Empower Your Employees?
- The 10 Commandments of Social Media Customer Service
- Where Are Your Customer’s Pain Points? Here’s how to find out.
If you want a custom article for your publication, just contact Tema Frank.
Questions Tema Frank Can Answer For Your Audience
Here’s a Top 10 list to get you started.
- Most businesses want happy customers, but overall customer experience ratings are dropping. Why?
- What can businesses do to improve customer experience?
- What’s the #1 mistake companies make when it comes to customer experience?
- What are the 3 essential ingredients to profitability in the digital era?
- What’s the ROI of investing in customer experience improvement?
- What are the early warning signs that we might have a customer experience problem brewing?
- What should we do if people say negative things about us on social media?
- How can we win back customers who’ve left us because our service wasn’t great?
- How can I inspire staff with a mission when the work we do isn’t earth-shattering? Making widgets isn’t going to solve world hunger!
- We ask our customers to fill out surveys but they almost never do. How can we get more customer feedback?
Quotes for media stories
“Focus on making things better for customers and profits will follow.” @temafrank #PeopleShock
“Customer experience is the only way to stand out in a sea of sameness.”@temafrank #PeopleShock
“The more we automate, the more people matter.” @temafrank #PeopleShock
“In the #PeopleShock Era, the 3Ps of Profit (Promise, People, Process) will increase sales and decrease costs.” @temafrank
“Big Data is great, but it’s people who create success.” @temafrank #PeopleShock
“Businesses that master #PeopleShock will be the ones that survive.” @temafrank
“Why be a people-focused company? Because you can’t always have the lowest price.” @temafrank #PeopleShock
“Are your customers REALLY your top priority? Prove it!” @temafrank #PeopleShock
“Employee engagement & customer satisfaction are like water & fish: without water the fish die.” @temafrank #PeopleShock
“If you don’t offer anything better than a computer, I’ll buy from a computer.” @temafrank #PeopleShock
“Customers want to be heard. Answer them quickly & well.” @temafrank #PeopleShock
“Customers want recognition. Get personal.” @temafrank #PeopleShock
“If you want employees to act like robots, hire a robot.” @temafrank #PeopleShock
“Investing in customer relationships now is as important as investing in faster machines was in the Industrial Era.” @temafrank #PeopleShock
“Seeing the world through another’s eyes helps bring reality into focus.” @temafrank #PeopleShock
“Most customers don’t want to shame you on social media; they just want their problems solved!” @temafrank #PeopleShock
“Opinions without action are illusions.” @temafrank #PeopleShock
“If you just focus on cost-cutting you will end up customer-cutting.” @temafrank #PeopleShock
“Service delayed feels like service denied.” @temafrank #PeopleShock
Edmonton office: 780-249-9262
See also Interviews with Tema Frank.