For some reason, the spring is a super busy time in the customer experience conferences world. Here are a few events I’ll be at, either speaking, teaching or interviewing others for future Frank Reactions podcast episodes.
Customer Experience Strategies Summit
This one’s happening in Toronto April 4 – 6, 2016. I’ve negotiated a 20% discount for you. Use the VIP code FRANK20 when you register.
- Holt Renfrew SVP of Marketing & Customer Experience, Alison Simpson
- VIA Rail Chief Commercial Officer, Martin Landry,
- Oracle SVP, Chief Customer Officer, Jeb Dasteel
- Ritz-Carlton/Marriott VP Luxury Brand Management & Guest Experience, Mitzi Gaskins
- Temkin Group founder, Bruce Temkin (Hear my interview with Temkin from last year.)
Metrics Madness 1/2 Day Intensive Course
The Marketing Research & Intelligence Association has invited me to teach this course on digital media measurement tools and techniques in Toronto on April 8, 2016. We’ll cover:
- What measurements make sense to use (There’s more to life than likes!)
- How to know if the results are “good” and how to adjust the campaign if it is not going well
- Some of the measurement and tracking tools you can use, with hands-on time using them
- How to effectively identify and communicate the most relevant results to your client or boss
Register at http://bit.ly/metricsmad. Deadline: March 30.
eTail Canada Conference
I’ll be speaking at the eTail Canada conference in Toronto, May 16 – 19, 2016. It will be my first big talk after launching the new book, PeopleShock: The Path to Profits When Customers Rule.
I’d love it if you could join us at the conference. If you go to http://bit.ly/1QnzduC now you get a chance to win an Applie iPad just for downloading the agenda! And if you are a retailer/brand use code EC16FR and you’ll get a 25% discount on your registration.
There will be a bunch of great speakers there from leading retailers, including Canadian Tire, Ford, Loblaw, Adidas, Staples, Indigo Books, and Fluevog Shoes. (And me, of course!)